Loy Krathong tradition is one of Thailand’s most picturesque and beloved festivals, attracting both locals and tourists alike. Start your online gambling journey off on the right foot with this top-rated casino that offers a generous welcome bonus to all new players who sign up.
Loy Krathong tradition
Loy Krathong or Loi Krathong (), also known as Thailand’s Festival of Lights, is one of Thailand’s largest celebrations. cheapest luxury car in malaysia The event will occur on November 28th, 2023.
Thais annually observe the Loy Krathong Festival, a traditional Siamese celebration, to pay homage to the Water Goddess and the Buddha.
It is not a national holiday, quest festival vietnam but it is celebrated throughout the country when people congregate around lakes, rivers, and canals to release Krathongs, or floating lanterns, onto waterways.
Learn everything you need to know about the Loy Krathong Festival in Thailand, including when it will occur this year, why it is celebrated, and how it is celebrated.
What is Loy Krathong?
The history of the festival is intricate, and Thais commemorate it for a variety of reasons. As the rice harvest season draws to a close, it is time to thank the Water Goddess for a year’s worth of her bountiful harvest and to apologize for polluting the waters.
เข้าร่วมคาสิโน 777 Including a fingernail or a lock of hair is viewed as a means of releasing a dark side of yourself in order to begin anew free of negative emotions, according to some. If your candle remains lit until your Krathong disappears, it will be a fortunate year.
Thais traditionally discharge their krathongs into rivers and klongs, คลิกโปรโมชั่นคาสิโน 777 which are small canals. Currently, a lagoon or lake is acceptable. Numerous locations present a variety of cultural events, including Ram Wong dance performances, krathong-making contests, and a beauty contest.
The release of lanterns has begun in Bangkok, but this is only a minor portion of the festival. Chiang Mai’s Yee Peng festival offers the best lantern experience, though Phuket and Samui are also popular destinations for flying lanterns.
Loy Krathong 2023: A Festival of Water and Light
Loy Krathong, also known as the Festival of Lights, is one of Thailand’s most prominent celebrations. คลิก Log In คาสิโน 777 Originally, people performed this ritual to honor and seek forgiveness from the Goddess of Water. Now, the entire kingdom celebrates the festival, with candlelit krathong illuminating the rivers. The event occurs annually on the night of the full moon of the 12th month of the traditional Thai lunar calendar, coinciding with the Yi Peng Festival in Chiang Mai, which falls on November 27, 2023, this year.
In Thai, Loy means “float” and Krathong means “container, boat, or vessel,” so people float a krathong decorated with candles and flowers on rivers and canals (any water!).
Phra Mae Khongkha: Goddess of Water
While the festival is celebrated throughout the country, it is not an official public holiday in Thailand. โปรแกรม random baccarat Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Ayutthaya, Sukhothai, and Tak are, however, the most well-known locations for Loy Krathong celebrations.
Apart from the tradition of making and floating krathongs, the festival is famous for its spectacular Thai dance performances, historical plays, and food stalls, which are characteristic of Thai festivals.
How is Loy Krathong celebrated in Thailand?
Loy Krathong is Thailand’s most vibrant and significant festival. coffee shop aesthetic Here is how most people observe this holiday:
1. Krathong Making: Thais traditionally begin the festival by making Krathongs at home with friends and family, though many also purchase them from local businesses.
2. Floating Krathongs: At dusk, people congregate with their decorated krathongs near bodies of water. They light the candles and incense before releasing the krathongs gingerly into the water, symbolizing the release of negativity and paying respect to the water spirits. According to Thai folklore, if the krathong remains lighted until it disappears, it will bring good fortune for the following year.
3. Cultural Performances and Beauty Pageant: Visitors can enjoy folklore performances, lantern procession, fireworks displays, and Thai classical music concerts during Loy Krathong. There will frequently be a beauty pageant in which women will wear traditional Thai attire.
4. Lantern Release: In some regions of Thailand, such as Chiang Mai, it is customary to release “khom loi” floating lanterns into the atmosphere. These lanterns represent the letting go of anxieties and the pursuit of a better future.
5. Food and Entertainment: Loy Krathong is also a festive occasion. People frequently indulge in tasty street food, such as regional delicacies and traditional Thai dishes.
Fun Facts About Loy Krathong Tradition
- The four elements of a Krathong are Buddhist symbols. 2020 new car launch The candle represents knowledge and intelligence. The joss staff represents purity and compassion. The flower symbolizes the devotion of Buddhist monastic disciples. People use this object to generate merit for their deceased ancestors.
- Hair strands, nail clippings, and even discarded clothing are frequently put into a Krathong to cleanse oneself of past negative aspects.
- People place coins in the Krathong to attract prosperity and accumulate merit.
- Loi Krathong is a time for romantics and young couples to make a wish for prosperity together. haidilao secret code 2023 malaysia
- According to a survey conducted by a certain contraceptive company, Loy Krathong is the second most popular holiday for adolescents to lose their virginity, after Valentine’s Day.